Alsace: discover a place where culture, “art de vivre” and pleasures of the palate are intermingled. Passionate guides will accompany you, and you will be seduced by the personality of an exceptional region. We guarantee that you will have a unique experience.
We will take pleasure in making you discover the richness of our Alsatian heritage: its wines, its savory dishes, its long and colorful history. We offer unique and customized thematic tours.
Exploring Alsace with Magnific Escapades is…
- Strolling through picturesque villages surrounded by vineyards where you can admire the traditional half-timbered houses and their balconies, overflowing with flowers.
- Recharging one’s batteries in the beautiful natural setting!
- Marveling at the beauty and diversity of the landscape: its vineyard-covered foothills, its forested mountains and lush plains. Nature is generous in Alsace.
- Discovering the secrets of an exceptional heritage, between modernity and traditions. Castles, battlefields and churches bear witness to Alsace’s remarkable past. .
- Tasting the best wines of Alsace. The combination of a rich soil and generations of winemaking skills have made Alsace one of the world’s premier wine regions. With 51 Grand Crus and seven types of grapes (Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Sylvaner, Muscat), Alsatian wines are acclaimed the world over. You will meet renowned local winemakers.
- Falling for the rich and varied local Alsatian specialties: choucroute (with pork or with fish), baeckoeffe, kougelhopf, flammkueche, gingerbread…
Discover Alsace and the surrounding regions in a privileged manner with our customized tours and stays!
Select from our tours and discover the many different facets of Alsace
Let us put together a customized stay in Alsace around your passions and preferences. Here are some examples of what we can offer:
Getaway « Wine and Gastronomy »
- Discovery of the 7 main grape types of Alsace during an exclusive visit of a domain including the visit of the vineyard and a wine-tasting
- Wine-paired diner at a Michelin-star restaurant following a workshop with the chef to learn how to make organic bretzels
Getaway « Cultural and Historical Heritage »
- One or more days exploring the memorials and battlefields of the many conflicts that Alsace has witnessed over the last two centuries.
- Discovery tour of Alsatian religious heritage: Mount Sainte Odile monastery, Romanesque and Gothic churches, Marmoutier Benedictine abbey, Jewish cemeteries, the Dominican monastery and Unterlinden museum in Colmar…
Getaway « Sport and Nature »
- A mountain bike rally in an idyllic setting on the Wine Route or in the Vosges mountains with tastings of wine, cheese and chocolate.
- Golf and gastronomy stay: Golf Pass allowing free access to prestigious golf courses in Alsace, combined with the discovery of the regional cuisine.
A day tour, discovering the Alsace Wine Route
Sit back, relax in a comfortable chauffeured car, take in the sites and enjoy the tastes along the Alsace Wine Route. Here is an example of a wine route tour we can provide:
- Visit of the Haut-Koenigsbourg castle: this mountain fortress built during the 12th century and restored by Kaiser Wilhelm II at the beginning of the 20th century has witnessed 9 centuries of Alsatian history. A must-see in Alsace!
- Colmar, capital of Alsatian wines. You will discover its unique historical and architectural heritage as you stroll through the town center;
- Lunch at a charming winstub (traditional Alsatian restaurant), or at a gastronomic restaurant, carefully selected for you. Or why not enjoy a picnic in a vineyard prepared by a Michelin-star chef?
- Visit of Eguisheim, Riquewihr or Mittelbergheim, which rank among the “Most Beautiful Villages of France”;
- Tasting of the famous Sylvaner Grand Cru Zotzenberg, the only Sylvaner Grand Cru in the world. We will open for you the doors of a small and interesting viticulture museum in Mittelbergheim;
- Guided stroll through Obernai, a charming walled medieval city on the Wine Route
Price of the day tour, with pick-up from your hotel, including guide and transportation: from € 680 for up to 7 persons. ½ day option – duration 4h30: from € 420 for up to 7 persons. Prices for groups > 7 persons: please contact us.
This program, like all Magnific Escapades programs in Alsace, is entirely customized to fit your wishes and the size of your group.
Your tour in Alsace, practical aspects…
You can leave all of the practical aspects of your stay in Alsace to us (bookings of hotels, restaurants, wine-tastings, etc.
We will pick you up from your hotel, in Strasbourg, Obernai, or Colmar. Other departure points can be arranged if necessary.
Transportation is provided in a vehicle with 8 comfortable seats or with vehicles adapted to the size of your group. Our chauffeurs take care to respect the environment when they drive, and to ensure your comfort and safety
We can accompany you for the duration of your stay. We arrange all transportation and tours so that you can relax and enjoy the trip.
For those who want more independence, we offer great rates on economy or prestigious rental cars from our partner. Ask us about renting a vintage car!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for a personalized price offer!